10 December 2012

Musical Monday


Music has always had an impact on our lives. It enhances our moods. It sometimes shapes our moods. It causes us to pour out our thoughts and feelings in singing along with a song that means something to us. Sometimes it causes our feet to move, our hands to clap, our bodies to sway in time with the rhythm that really does cut through our walls and touches our emotions. 

Matthew 25 v 34-40 says:
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"
 
With Thanksgiving over and Christmas in our near future, we get caught up in making sure we show our families and friends how much we love and appreciate them with the little things we do for them and the special thought we put into choosing the perfect gift for them. 

Yet, how much thought do we put into those men, women, and children in our communities and around the world, that we do not know?  We have no tangible ties to them.  Still, He calls us to LOVE them!  He calls us to CREATE tangible ties!  Who would ever give to a stranger and then forget about that person?  When we love "the least of these," we are opening our hearts to them, we are showing them His love through us, and we are changing OUR own life! 
 
The following song was with a specific purpose in mind- to support a particular ministry.  If you are interested in supporting that ministry, follow the links through the youtube account the video is attached to.  However, do not be afraid to look at your base, at your chapel, at your community, at your church, or anywhere---if you become WILLING to create a tangible tie with a complete stranger to share His love, He will show you where He wants you to help. 

Remember, giving to the 'least of these' is not always in the form of money.  You creative gals can give a creation; you baking beauties can give a cake or cookies; you chef extraordinaires can make a casserole or your favorite dish; you book worms can read to children or seniors at the library!  The opportunities to give are endless!
 
I pray each of you has an amazing Monday and a blessed week gathered in His Arms!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Reader!
Your perspective is valuable and appreciated! Please leave us your thoughts, but please be respectful of other comments and their authors. Please be aware, I reserve the right to delete those comments which are argumentative, combative, abusive, use foul language, or are spam.
Thank you, and God bless you!
~C. Borden