11 February 2013

Musical Monday


The past few weeks I have become aware of so many friends and family members hurting.  Some are experiencing separation from loved ones due to deployments.  Others are having to make tough and unexpected decisions that affect careers, homes, and families.  Some are on the verge of incredible and heartbreaking changes as relationships fail.  Others still are finding themselves on the edge of the unknown as choices, circumstances beyond their control, and events are thrust upon them forcing them to ask where He is in all of the mess?

My heart is heavy for the people I care about who are experiencing pain, hurt, and loneliness right now.  My heart longs to offer encouragement to those who, like me, are on the edge of the unknown- a myriad of paths stretch into the future, and all of them are appealing and scary in their own ways.

I understand the feeling when prayers seem to be unheard.  I can completely relate when He seems silent through my struggles. 

Even as a Christian woman, I can feel abandoned when I don't get an immediate answer.  I often even feel abandoned when I get an answer, but it is not the one I wanted.  How easy it is for me to forget that His will is not my own.  How easy it is to forget that He promises ETERNAL blessings, not instant gratification.

The song I am sharing today is sung by BarlowGirl.  While the lyrics are especially appropriate to this time in so many of our lives, pay attention to the video and the man struggling against the ropes binding him.

Let's stop struggling with Him even as we struggle with our trials and tribulations.  He has not abandoned us.  He has promised to never leave or forsake us.... Neither heighth nor depth can separate us from Him...  THAT is a promise I can lean on!!!

God bless you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Reader!
Your perspective is valuable and appreciated! Please leave us your thoughts, but please be respectful of other comments and their authors. Please be aware, I reserve the right to delete those comments which are argumentative, combative, abusive, use foul language, or are spam.
Thank you, and God bless you!
~C. Borden