14 January 2013

Musical Monday

Music has always had an impact on our lives. It enhances our moods. It sometimes shapes our moods. It causes us to pour out our thoughts and feelings in singing along with a song that means something to us. Sometimes it causes our feet to move, our hands to clap, our bodies to sway in time with the rhythm that really does cut through our walls and touches our emotions. 
 

Psalm 28:6-8

New International Version (NIV)
6 Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.
8 The Lord is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
 
Last week, I was able to catch up with an old friend who served in the Air Force with me.  She and I were as close as sisters, and despite a divergence in paths, we have come back together.  She is facing struggles that she never dreamed she would have to.  I ask that you lift her and her family up to Him this week.  There are MANY men, women, and children in the Military who are going through similiar situations.  Men, women, and children who rest in His hands of grace, mercy, and love- and yet, I know they wonder where His Will can be in these situations.
 
To my friend- You are not alone.  You are being prayed for, you are being thought of, and you are being lifted up in His hands!  My prayer for you is that you feel His continued presence in your Heart as you walk through this valley!  For as strong as you were, as strong as you have become, your walk with Him through this will only make you stronger when you reach the other side! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Reader!
Your perspective is valuable and appreciated! Please leave us your thoughts, but please be respectful of other comments and their authors. Please be aware, I reserve the right to delete those comments which are argumentative, combative, abusive, use foul language, or are spam.
Thank you, and God bless you!
~C. Borden