28 November 2012

Taking A Step of Faith

Greetings Dear Reader,

In 1999, I walked into an Army Recruiter's office solely to support a friend in her decision to join the Army.  I walked out knowing without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord wanted me to join the Military, something I had refused to consider on my own as I was both terrified of what it might entail and because my rebellious nature refused to consider it (something my Dad had wanted me to do.)  A month later, after much arguing and pleading with Him over His shove in that direction, I found myself at Lackland AFB for Basic Training.

Over the course of the next several years while on Active Duty, the foundations of my Faith, as a Christian woman, were rocked to the core.  This blog is another shove, though much more subtle after experiencing His shove INTO the military, from Him.  I am not completely certain of how this will play out, I only know that He wishes me to start.

I hope to share with you the challenges I faced as a young woman of Faith in the military, and how He brought me through them.  I hope to share with you my struggles with fear, doubt, anger, and confusion.  I hope to share with you how He placed me against all odds right where He wanted me, and blessed me beyond anything I could have imagined.

I also hope to share with you the challenges I have faced, and continue to face, as a Military spouse and as a mother.  The challenges brought on through separations, through TDY's, deployments, and PCS's.  The struggles as you uproot your entire family at the supposed whim of the military, which in reality is Him placing you once again where HE wants you.

I hope my experiences, as I work through particular issues I faced and continue to face, will help you as you work through yours.

I hope that He will make Himself known to you as I try to share The Word that helped me through each and every chapter of this crazy military life!

God bless you, dear reader!

C. Borden

Copyright © 2012 C.H.Borden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Reader!
Your perspective is valuable and appreciated! Please leave us your thoughts, but please be respectful of other comments and their authors. Please be aware, I reserve the right to delete those comments which are argumentative, combative, abusive, use foul language, or are spam.
Thank you, and God bless you!
~C. Borden